A thin pole used to support bean vines.
Teaching Component Software at Northeastern
Publications and Presentations
A paper explaining the BcDK idea:
Design-time Assembly of Runtime Containment Components
A report explaining the BcDK implementation:
Technical Report NU-CCS-99-04
A presentation in the NU Tech/Expo Software Showcase.
A report describing the method-to-component generator:
Automated architectural transformation: objects to components / David H.
Lorenz; John Vlissides. - Yorktown Heights, NY : IBM Watson Research Center,
2000. - 20 S. - (Research Report
Center $ RC ; 21773 = 98045) R34576
A paper explaining the method-to-component idea:
Designing Components versus Objects: A Transformational Approach / David H. Lorenz; John Vlissides. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 253--262, Toronto, Canada, May 12-19 2001. ICSE 2001, IEEE Computer Society.
Presented at: ICSE 2001 (slides available),
IBM Research Seminar,
NU Phd Seminar Series,
NU Programming Language Research Outreach Day.
A manuscript explaining the reflection-repository duality and its unification using a componentized approach / David H. Lorenz; John Vlissides. (2002, available upon request).
- Zhang Bing, PhD candidate, since Fall 2002 (Componentized Behavioral Compatibility)
- Kojarski Sergei, PhD candidate, since Fall 2002 (Componentized Reflection)
- Sreenath Rajagopal, MS candidate (Component Patterns)
- Elias Rangel, MS candidate (A Builder based on Visual Studio .NET)
- Lakshman T. Easwaran, MS candidate (BcDK enhancements)
Component-Related CFP and Conferences