- Areas of Interest
- Academic Positions
- Other Relevant Positions
- Reference Articles
- Chapters in Books
- Other Publications
- Selected Papers at Scientific Conferences
4 Pa'amonit, Lehavim 85338, Israel
| Mobile: 058-4341056
Born: Jerusalem, Israel, July 17, 1970
|1993 – 1996||B.Sc. - BGU, Israel - IE&M - Suma Cum Laude, GPA 95|
|1994 – 1998||B.Sc. - BGU, Israel – Mathematics and CS - Magna Cum Laude, GPA 90|
|1996 – 1998||M.Sc. - 1996 – 1998 - BGU, Israel - IE&M - Suma Cum Laude, GPA 98
Name of advisor: Israel David
Title of thesis: Mathematical models for yield management
|1998 – 2005|| Combined M.Sc/Ph.D. 1998-2004 Stanford University, California - Scientific Computing and Computational Mathematics (SCCM),
Name of advisor: David L. Donoho (Dept. of Statistics)
Title of thesis: Multi-scale geometric analysis of 3D data sets
Areas of Interest
- Scientific Computing, Image and Signal Processing, Optimization, Statistics, Matrix computation, Inverse Problems
|2005 - current||Senior Lecturer, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, The Open University of Israel|
|2005 - 2013||Lecturer, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.|
|2011 - 2012||Instructor and visiting scholar, Institute of Computational and Mathematical Engineering, Stanford University, California, USA|
|2013 - 2015||Senior Lecturer, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.|
Other Relevant Positions
|2013||Instructor, Unit of Energy Engineering, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.|
|2015||Instructor, Department of Operations Management, Sapir Academic Coledge.|
|2007 - 2014||Instructor, The Israeli Air Force Aviation School|
|2011 -||Consultant, Cardinal Optimization, Inc, San Jose, California, USA|
- I. David and O. Levi, 2001, “Asset selling problems with holding costs,” The International Journal of Production Economics Vol. 71, pp. 317-21.
- I. David and O. Levi, 2003, “A new algorithm for the multi-item exponentially-discounted optimal selection problem, ”The European Journal of Operational Research. Vol. 153(3), pp. 782-89.
- J. Miao , F. Forester and O. Levi , 2005, Equally-sloped tomography with oversampling reconstruction,” Physical Reviews, B72, 052103, 2005.
- J.L. Stark , V.J. Martinez , D.L. Donoho , O. Levi C , P. Querre, and E. Saar C , 2005, “Analysis of the spatial distribution of galaxies by multi-scale methods,” The EURASIP Journal on Advances Signal Processing, Vol. 15, pp. 2455-2469.
- O. Safren , V. Alchanatis , V. Ostrovsky and O. Levi C , 2007, “Detection of green apples in hyperspectral images of apple-tree foliage using machine vision,” Transactions of the American society for Agricultural and biological Engineers Vol. 50(6), pp. 2303-13.
- H. Golan , O. Israel , A. Frenkel , Y. ParmetC, A. FeintuchC, J.A. KennedyC, O. LeviC and Y. GidronC, 2009, “Brain map ng of patients with lung cancer and controls: Inquiry into tumor-to-brain communication,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 50(7), 1072-75, 2009. (3 citations by ISI; IF 5.77; 6/119; Q1).
- E. Castro , B. EfrosS and O. Levi C , 2010, “Networks of polynomial eces with applications to the analysis of point clouds and images,” Journal of Approximation Theory, Vol. 162(1) pp. 94-130.
- O. Levi , S. Cohen , Z. MhabariS, 2011, “Effective Hyper-spectral image segmentation using multi-scale geometric analysis,” The International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management applications (IJCISIM), Volume 3, pp. 836-845.
- S. Evladov , O. Levi , A. Stern , 2012, "Progressive Compressive Imaging from Radon projections," Optics Express, Vol. 20, Issue 4, pp. 4260-4271.
- Y. Kashter , O. Levi , A. Stern , 2012, “Optical compressive change and motion detection,” Applied Optics, Vol 51, Issue 13, (11 citations by ISI; IF 1.41; 12/71; Q1).
- S. CohenS, C. Yafit , V. Alchanati , O. Levi , 2013, “Combining spatial and hyperspectral information for delineation of homogenous management zones,” special issue on Sensing technologies for Sustainable Agriculture, Biosystems Engineering, Vol 114, Issue 4, 435-443.
- P. Berman , O. Levi , Y. Parmet , M. Saunders , Z. Weisman , 2013 “Laplace Inversion of Low-Resolution NMR Relaxometry Data Using Sparse Representation Methods,”, Concepts in Magnetic Resonance, Part A, 42(3), 72-88.
- P. Berman , A. Leshem, O. Etziony, O. Levi, Y. Parmet, M. Saunders , Z. Weisman , , 2013 “Novel 1H Low Resolution (LR)-NMR Applications for the Field of Biodiesel”, Biotechnology of Bio-Fuels, 2013, 6:55.
- P. Berman, N. Meiri, L. Colnago, T. Moraes, C. Linder, O. Levi, Y. Parmet, M. Saunders, Z. Wiesman, 2014, “Study of liquid phase molecular packing interactions and morphology of fatty acid methyl esters (biodiesel) by 1H low field nuclear magnetic resonance relaxometry”, accepted to bio-technology for biofules, 2015
- S. Tejman-Yarden, O. Levi, A. Beizerov, Y. Parmet, T. Nguyen, M. Saunders, Z. Rudich, J. Perry, D. Baker, T. Moeller-Bertram, “Heart rate analysis by sparse representation for acute pain detection” Accepted to Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 2015.
Chapters in Books
D. Donoho and O. Levi , 2003, “Fast X-Ray and Beamlet Transforms for three-dimensional data,” Modern Signal Processing, MSRI publications pp. 79-116.
Published scientific reports and technical papers
- D. Donoho, M. Duncan, X. Hou and O. Levi, About Wavelab, technical report of the department of Statistics at Stanford University 1999.
- S. Choi, D. Donoho, A. Flesia, X. Hou, O. Levi and D. Shi, About BeamLab - a Toolbox for New Multiscale Methodologies, technical report of the department of Statistics at Stanford University 2002.
Selected Papers at Scientific Conferences
- D. L. Donoho , O. Levi , J.-L. Starck and V.J. MartinezC, 2002, “Multiscale Geometric Analysis for 3-D Catalogues,” S E, Astronomical Data Analysis II (Proceedings Volume), pp.101-11.
- O. Levi , B.A. Efros , 2005, “A New Fast Algorithm for Exact Calculation of the Discrete 2-D and 3-D X-Ray Transform,” ICCMSE 2005, Lecture Series on Computer and Computational Sciences, Vol.4, pp. 319-322
- V. Alchanatis , O Safren , O Levi , V OstrovskyC, JV StaffordC, 2007, “Apple yield map ng using hyperspectral machine vision”, Precision agriculture 07, the 6th European Conference on Precision Agriculture, Skiathos, Greece June 2007, pp. 143-150.
- A. Stern and O. Levi , 2010, "Optically Compressed Sensing by undersampling the polar Fourier plane", J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 206 (1) 012019.
O. Levi , S. Cohen , Z. MhabariS, 2010, “Effective Hyper-spectral image
segmentation using multi-scale geometric analysis,”
Proceedings of IADIS International Conference Information Systems, pp. 396-400.
- Y. Cohen , V., Alchanati , R. Rud C, C., RozenC, O., LeviC, S., Cohen , Z., Mhabari , 2011, Hyper-spectral and thermal images for evaluating nitrogen and water status in potato fields, proceeding of the 8th European Conference on Precision Agriculture (ECPA) March 2011.
- V. Alchanatis , A. CohenS, Y. Cohen , O. Levi , A. Naor , 2011, Multimodal remote sensing for enhancing detection of spatial variability in agricultural field, Spatial2 Conference: Spatial Data Methods for Environmental and Ecological Processes Proceedings
- P. Kurtser , O. LeviC, V. Gontar , 2012, Detection and Classification of ECG Chaotic Components Using ANN Trained by Specially Simulated Data, International Conference on Engineering Applications of Neural Network.
- A. Stern , Y. Kashter , and O. Levi , 2013, "Compressive moving objects localization techniques based on optical Radon projections ", to be presented at Compressive Sensing II, part of S E-Defense Security and Sensing.
- Z. Mhabari, O. Levi, A. Stern, 2016, An exact and efficient 3D reconstruction method from captured light-fields using the fractional Fourier transform, SPIE Commercial + Scientific Sensing and Imaging, Baltimore, Maryland, USA 2016