- Professional Education
- Fields of Research
- Academic Appointments
- Administrative and Professional Activities
- List of Publications
Born: Jerusalem, April 8, 1973
|2004||Ph.D., Mathematics, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel|
|1999||M.Sc, Mathematics, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel|
|1994||B.Sc, Mathematics and Computer Science, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel|
Fields of Research
- Number theory
- Representation Theory
- Analytic and Algebraic geometry over p-adic fields
- Random walks on groups
|Since 9/2008||Lecturer, The Open University of Israel|
|2007-2008||Post-Doctoral Fellow, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel|
|2004-2006||Post-Doctoral Fellow, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec|
Administrative and Professional Activities
Since 2008, Member of the academic subcommittee of mathematics and computer science, the Open University.
2011-2015 Head of the Mathematics field at the Open University.
2011-2013 Member of the accreditation committee, The Open University.
2013-2015 Secretaty of the Open University faculty council.
Other Professional Activities
2009-2016, Voluntary research consultant, The Weizmann Institute of Science.
List of Publications
Articles in Refereed Journals
- Gil Alon and Ehud de Shalit, On the Cohomology of Drinfeld's p-adic symmetric domain, Israel J. Math 129 (2002), 1-20.
- Gil Alon and Ehud de Shalit, Cohomology of Discrete Groups in Harmonic Cochains on Buildings, Israel J. Math 135 (2003), 255-380.
- Gil Alon, Cohomology of Local Systems Coming from p-adic Hyperplane Arrangements, Israel J. Math 147 (2005), 189-208.
- Gil Alon and Pete L. Clark, On the Number of Representations of an Integer by a Linear Form, Journal of Integer Sequences 8 (2005), 05.5.2. pdf
- Gil Alon and Gady Kozma, Ordering the Representations of S_n Using the Interchange Process, Canad. Math. Bull. 56 (2013), 13-30. arXiv:1003.1710
- Gil Alon and Gady Kozma, The probability of long cycles in interchange processes, Duke Math. J. 162, Number 9 (2013), 1567-1585. arXiv:1009.3723
- Gil Alon, Eigenvalues of the Adin-Roichman Matrices, Linear Algebra and Its Applications 450C (2014), 280-292. arXiv:1301.5760
- Gil Alon, Semicharacters of Groups, Communications in Algebra 43, Issue 5 (2015), 1771-1783 arXiv:1112.6125
- Gil Alon and Inbal Tuvi Arad, Improved Algorithms for Symmetry Analysis: Structure Preserving Permutations, to appear in the Journal of Mathematical Chemistry. Online access
- Gil Alon, Automorphisms of Products of Drinfeld Half Planes. arXiv:1703:00059
Thesis and Dissertation
- M.Sc. Thesis: Congruence Properties of Modular Forms. Supervised by Prof. Ehud de Shalit. pdf
- Ph.D. Dissertation: Geometry of p-adic Symmetric Spaces. Supervised by Prof. Ehud de Shalit.
Open University Books
- Infinitesimal Calculus 1, Course textbook [Hebrew], The Open University, 2014.
- Infinitesimal Calculus 2, Unit 7: Differentiable functions of two variables [Hebrew], The Open University, 2015.
- Mathematical puzzle corner in Odyssey Magazine [Hebrew]. From issue 22 (January 2014) to issue 29 (October 2015).