About Our University
The Open University of Israel (OUI)
- Founded in 1976 on the Open University UK model.
- Largest fully-accredited university in Israel.
- Over 45,000 students in Israel, from different nationalities and religious backgrounds.
- Over 8,000 students who study online in over 60 countries.
- Students determine the pace of their studies and decide how many courses to study each semester.
- Study options include a range of distance learning options as well as campus-based classes.
- Over 700 courses offered towards undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines.
- OUI course credits are recognized by leading universities in Israel.
- OUI has its own publishing house which produces over a million high-quality textbooks per year, many of which are used at other universities and colleges.
"Open Admissions" policy
The Open University of Israel opens its gates to students from all nationalities and backgrounds. Our students bring different ideas and perspectives that create strength through diversity.
Mission statementOUI's main mission is to increase access to higher education by:
- opening its gates to all students who are able to deal with high-level academic studies and to meet rigorous academic standards.
- helping students from immigrant and culturally diverse backgrounds to benefit from higher education opportunities.
- providing distance learning options for students who cannot attend campus-based classes due to workplace and/or family responsibilities, geographical isolation or physical disabilities.